Local Lobbying and Community Engagement
We successfully represent corporations, small businesses, trade associations and developers before local governments throughout Michigan.
We recently illustrated our strength at the local level by helping an intermediate school district pass an $80 million enhancement millage in Wayne County, which the Detroit News called a “model” for other districts to follow.
Click the button below to read more about that project.
We are particularly strong in the following communities:
- Flint/Genesee County: Both Melissa McKinley and Berton Brown are from Genesee County. Berton worked for two Flint-area legislators, and he represents the City of Flint and the Flint School District.
- Grand Rapids/West Michigan: Dave Hildenbrand is a lifelong resident of West Michigan. He represented the Greater Grand Rapids area during his fourteen years in the Michigan Legislature, and he continues to represent many West Michigan-based clients. David Gregory lives near Grand Rapids, serves on the board of a prominent local cultural institution, and his wife is an elected school board member in the area. Dave Ladd is a Holland native.
- Greater Kalamazoo: Rob Elhenicky hails from Portage and maintains strong political connections in Kalamazoo County.
- Greater Lansing: Most of our team calls the Capitol region home. Our team knows local officials throughout the area, many of whom have some connection to state government. We also have a strong client base in our home region, including the Lansing Entertainment & Public Facilities Authority and The Christman Company.
- Metro Detroit/Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb Counties: See Detroit Practice Group for more information.
- Northern Michigan/Upper Peninsula: David Gregory is from Traverse City. He attended college in Marquette, where he and his wife are active developers. In addition, founder emeritus, Dennis O. Cawthorne, is a well-known resident and business leader on Mackinac Island. The firm has a very strong client base “north of Clare,” including Cleveland Cliffs, Lake Superior State University, the Mackinac Island Visitors and Convention Bureau, and the Northern Michigan Schools Legislative Association.
- Toledo/Northwest Ohio: Jason Shepard lives in the Toledo media market and does significant real estate and business development work in the area.
Click the button below to get in contact with our experienced and talented team of lobbyists.