A retiring Chair of the House Appropriations Committee once said this in a farewell floor speech: “If I had to hire a lobbyist, I’d hire Melissa McKinley.” That says it all. She’s universally respected by clients and legislators alike. Put Melissa on your team, and you’ll never regret it. She never stops. Seriously, it’s exhausting just thinking about how hard she grinds.
Melissa’s clients include Michigan Professional Firefighters Union, AIA-Michigan, ACEC, Wayne State University School of Medicine, and Special Olympics of Michigan.
- Grand Blanc, Michigan, formerly the home of The Buick Open, a PGA Tour event
- She is featured on the label for Achrimere Wine.
- She is an avid skier.
- Interview on 10th Annual Legislative Polar Plunge, WLNS. Read more (with video)
- Named one of the 50 Names to Know in Lobbying, Crain’s Detroit Business
- Named one of state’s top five lobbyists, MIRS News
- Named one of state’s top five female lobbyists and top ten overall, Inside Michigan Politics
- Fire Safety and Services
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Higher Education/Graduate Medical Education
- Procurement and State Contracts
- Licensed Professions
- PAC Development and Strategy
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Western Michigan University, Legislative Affairs
- Michigan Senate Democratic Leader, Legislative Aide
- Michigan House Speaker, Legislative Aid
- Michigan Senate Democratic Fund, Finance Director
- Michigan State University
- Annual Michigan Legislative Polar Plunge, Founder and Organizer
- Michigan Habitat for Humanity Annual Auction, Event Chair