Dave Ladd is the King of the K-12 lobby corps. He’s been schooling other lobbyists in Lansing ever since he joined us in 2003. As a self-described “legislative gym rat,” he worked his way up from a page to being the Legislative Director for a Republican Speaker of the Michigan House. He also worked in the governor’s office and was the Director of the Office of Great Lakes.
From golf to sailing to lobbying, Ladd makes it all look easy. Sometimes we hate him for it, but his clients love him. Those clients include Northern Michigan Schools Legislative Association, Michigan Aggregates Association, Michigan Aggregates Association, and 3M.
- Holland, Michigan. Located in Ottawa County, it’s the only one of Michigan’s 83 counties which our late founder Frank J. Kelley never carried in eleven statewide elections.
- He plays guitar for his church choir.
- D. Ladd was the youngest member of Michigan Governor John Engler’s cabinet.
- Named one of Michigan’s Top five Lobbyists, MIRS News Survey.
- Named one of Michigan’s Top fifteen Lobbyists, Inside Michigan Politics.
- Transportation and infrastructure
- Great Lakes and environment
- Maritime and boating
- Financial services
- Office of the Great Lakes, Director
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Legislative Director
- Legislative Director for Michigan Speaker of House
- Office of Michigan Governor John Engler
- Michigan State University