Don’t let the “aw, shucks” routine fool you; Dave Hildenbrand is a powerful presence. First elected in his twenties, he served fourteen years in the Michigan Legislature. He chaired the Senate Appropriations Committee in his final term, overseeing the state’s $60 billion budget. Legislators still return Dave’s calls even though he no longer has the power of life or death over their pet projects.
Dave represents clients on a variety of appropriations and non-profit issues, including Michigan Court Appointed Special Advocates, Kids’ Food Basket, and Launch Michigan.
- Lowell, Michigan, home of the famed Lowell Showboat
- Dave is an avid hunter, and his birthday falls on the opening day of Michigan’s firearm deer season—November 15.
- He plays so much beach volleyball that he built a sand court at his house, equipped with outdoor lights.
- State Appropriations
- Economic Development
- Tax Policy
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Health Care
- State Budget
- Outdoor Recreation and Tourism
- State Senator, Chair of Senate Appropriations Committee
- State Representative, House Minority Floor Leader
- Chief of Staff to State Senator
- Deputy Chief of Staff to Lieutenant Governor
- Michigan State University