Carrie joined the firm in 2010 to start Kelley Cawthorne’s healthcare regulatory practice. She knows more about Michigan’s complex Certificate of Need (CON) program for healthcare facilities than any person should. Her expertise has led to hundreds of millions of dollars in new healthcare investments. She also lobbies for all aspects of health policy and Michigan’s multibillion-dollar Medicaid budget. Most importantly, you can always count on Carrie for a well-timed quip or hilarious social media post.
Carrie represents a variety of clients in the industry, including McLaren Health Care, Fresenius Medical Care, Cigna, Prime Healthcare Services, and STAT Emergency Medical Services.
- Stephenson, Michigan, named after 19th Century Congressman, Samuel Stephenson
- She is a native Yooper and regularly returns to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
- Her family’s farm is very close to the farm of a current Michigan State Senator.
- Healthcare Regulation
- Certificate of Need (CON)
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Information Technology
- Federal Healthcare Reform
- Healthcare attorney, Kheder Davis Associates
- Michigan State University
- Michigan State University College of Law